SWAIA Winter Indian Market 2012
The SWAIA Winter Indian Market is SWAIA's Annual Holiday Native arts show held during Thanksgiving weekend (November 24-25, 2012) at the Santa Fe Convention Center. This year will include:
- 175 Native artists from the US and Canada. Click here for pdf of the 2012 SWAIA Winter Indian Market Artist List
- Six award-winning artist demonstrators including jewelers Vernon Haskie and Allen Aragon, potters Erik Fender and Ulysses Reid, painter Ryan Lee Smith, and weaver Lola Cody
- Fashion row featuring the work of Native fashion designers
- TCHIN who will perform the courting flute and a colorful, contemporary take on traditional storytelling (Tchin's website) - Saturday 1p, 4p and Sunday 1p - free with admission!
- Screening of 2012 Class X film winners - free with admission!
- Youth artist area with a youth art show and a youth art activity!
- Silent auction including artwork donated by SWAIA artists and fabulous items from local businesses
- Raffle - two holiday trees with one-of-a-kind handmade ornaments designed by renowned SWAIA artists
The 2012 Winter Indian Market will be held during Thanksgiving Weekend:
Early Bird Shopping
SWAIA Members Only
Saturday, November 24. 9a
Admission is $5 with a SWAIA Membership
For information on becoming a SWAIA Member, call Denise Keron (505) 983-5220
General Winter Indian Market Hours
Saturday, November 24, 10a to 6p
Sunday, November 25, 10a to 4p
Admission is $5 per day, Children under 12 are free
Performances and film screenings are included with admission
Tickets Available at the Door
All events will take place at the Santa Fe Convention Center (201 W. Marcy St. Santa Fe, NM 87501)
Screening of Class X Winning Films 2012
Saturday, Sunday 11am
Shorts (listed below)
Feature: Mesnak - Yves Sioui-Durand (Huron-Wendat)
Saturday, Sunday 2pm
Shorts (listed below)
Feature: (Honorable Mention for Ensemble cast) Shouting Secrets - Korinna Sehringer
Narrative Short (Fiction): Hoverboard - Sydney Freeland (Navajo)
Animation: Neil Discovers the Moon - Steven Judd (Kiowa/Choctaw)
Experimental: For Ayaina - Marcella Ernest (Bad River Band of Ojibwe)
Music Video: The Storm - Steven Judd (Kiowa/Choctaw)
Documentary Short: A Return Home - Ramona Emerson (Navajo)
Cupcakes: With a Vengeance - Kaiden Finkbonner (Lummi)
Night at an Indian Museum - Sean Sikora (Cherokee Nation)
Live Free or Cupcake - Roy Moon Jr.(Lummi)
Special Hotel Offers
The Lodge at Santa Fe
- SWAIA Winter Market Artist Rate: $69.00 (artists will receive a 20% discount on food at Los Cuates. Coupon provided upon check in.)
- Winter Market Getaway Package starting at $139.00 per night. The package includes accommodations and drinks and dinner for two at Los Cuates.
- SWAIA Winter Market Patrons nightly rate starting at $89.00 per night.
- Winter Market Getaway Patrons Package accommodations, dinner for two and drinks for two. Starting at $229.00 per night
- SWAIA Winter Market Patrons nightly rate starting at $159.00
Hotel St. Francis
- Winter Market Getaway Patrons Package includes accommodations, dinner for two and drinks for two. Starting at $219.00 per night.
- SWAIA Winter Market Patrons nightly rate starting at $149.00 per night.
- Albuquerque Patron rate / $79/night
Starting rates are for Standard rooms and upgrades are available at an additional cost.
Santa Fe Sage Inn
- $59/night plus tax. 11/23-11/27. Use code WINTER INDIAN MARKET at the time of reservation. Special rate is subject to availability. Call 866-433-0335.