Native American Clothing Contest
SWAIA invites you to take part in the 2013 Native American Clothing Contest! Indian Market's Clothing Contest is a dynamic and inspiring competition with over 125 contestants and 18 design categories.
Traditional categories will be judged by seven distinguished Native American judges from various tribes. These seven judges will be joined by a celebrity judge for the Contemporary categories. Three "Best of Show" awards will be awarded: one male and one female, of any age and any tribe, from the Traditional categories, and one contestant, of any gender, age, and tribe, from the Contemporary categories.
You must have a booth at Indian Market or be a relative of someone who has a booth to register. You may be required to present Tribal ID or CIB (Certificate of Indian Blood) and authorization by an Indian Market participating artist to participate (booth holder's signature required). Non-Native models may be used for Contemporary categories with prior authorization. Please note: SWAIA holds final authority over all models and designs shown at the Contest.
The Clothing Contest is billed as "the Most Photographed Event of Indian Market Week." Photo releases must be signed by each entrant upon registration. NACC Photography will be coordinated through SWAIA Public Relations. We will request that photographers are professional and respectful when taking photographs. Your cooperation is appreciated.
Please note the following changes:
- The entry forms for the Traditional Category and the Contemporary Category have been revised to a single form
- The age groupings have been changed to 4 groups - Children 1-5 years, 6-12 years, 13-17 years, and Adults 18 years & over
- There will be no facilities to dress. Please be dressed prior to Registration
- The Contemporary category has been changed to female contemporary and male contemporary categories
- There will be three "Best of Show" awards given: two for the Traditional Categories (male and female) and one for the Contemporary Categories
- Contestants in the Contemporary Categories may show a maximum of two pieces
The registration table will be located by the gazebo and will be open from 8:00-8:45a.m. Registration will close at 8:45 a.m., so please be on time. The NACC will start promptly at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 18th.
We encourage you to submit your wearable Artwork during receiving on Wednesday, August 14th for judging in addition to joining us for the 2013 Native American Clothing Contest.
If you have questions regarding the 2013 NACC for Indian Market, please call Tailinh Agoyo at 505.983.5220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.