2023 Artist application
2023 Artist Applications are NOW OPEN!
DECEMBER 15, 2022 – FEBRUARY 20, 2023
What you will need
- Your body of work
- Artwork Titles
- CANNOT CONTAIN REFERENCES TO ARTIST NAME OR OTHER IDENTIFYING TERMS
- Month/Year Completed (must be within the last 3 years).
- Required 3 images of your body of work. (No more, no fewer).
- Dimensions of pieces in photography (HxWxD)
- Artwork Titles
- Tribal Affiliation
- Tribal Enrollment
- Digital image of your enrollment paperwork
- NM GRT/CRS Tax Number
- Don’t have one? Get one!
- Booth Request Information
- Booth Size
- Booth Location
- Sharer information (if applicable)
- Your application fee
- If you are applying to more than one classification, please contact Artist Services about bundling your application fees.
How to apply + fees
ONLINE : $40 application fee
The application for this year’s market is available at the button below or by going to: zapplication.org
- You do NOT need to complete the demographic question portion of your account registration
- One classification per application.
- For assistance on filling out your online application, we will continue to update our downloadable/printable instructions (click the link to download)!
IN PERSON or MAILED IN : $60 application fee
Paper applications will be available for download on December 21, 2022.
We will also accept your paper application in person at the SWAIA Offices at 121 Sandoval St #302, Santa Fe, NM (see map below).
Our office are open M-F 9am-5pm MST, with exception of observed holidays and weather closures.
To view or download the 2023 Classification Standards, please select your desired category below:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Open Date: December 15, 2022
- Application Deadline: February 20, 2023
- Notification Date: April 28, 2023
- Purchase Deadline: May 12, 2023
- Event Dates: August 19-20, 2023
Yes, you will need to create a ZAPP account in order to access and complete the online 2023 artist application.
Yes, you can apply for more than one medium/classification on Zapplication.
You will need to apply for each medium/classification separately.
SWAIA will provide you with a promo code that will allow you to apply for more than one medium/classification per artist without having to pay additional application fees.
Please contact SWAIA offices if you need the promo codes to apply for more than one medium/classification.
You may apply to up to three (3) mediums/classifications.
Once you have created an account with Zapp and have started your online artist application you can return to the application and finish where you have left off.
Please remember to save your work as you complete the artist application.
You will have a 25 min window to save your work and continue without being logged off. We recommend that you save your work every 15 mins to ensure that no information is lost.
Your application will be considered incomplete until all Required Fields are completed.
Yes, all returning and new artists/youth artists are required to have a copy of their CIB on file.
Please have a copy of your CIB ready to upload to the SWAIA SFIM 2023 Artist Application.
If you are a new artist and do not have a GRT/CRS number, you will need to apply for one.
A link will be provided for you to create an account with the State of New Mexico so you may apply for a GRT/CRS number.
No, you are not required to participate in this part of the application.
This question will be asked when you first sign up and create an account.
Yes, you will be required to upload all images (3) per classification.
We have created a general 2023 Artist Application Guide to walk you through the online application process and you answer any additional questions you may have regarding the image uploads.
ZAPP has a help center that will answer questions or guide you through some questions.
ZAPP SUPPORT WILL BE CLOSED FROM DECEMBER 24 – JANUARY 2.
Yes, it’s coming soon!