Aspen Community Magnet School
450 La Madera , Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501
About Aspen Community Magnet School
Grade Levels Served: K - 8
Aspen Community Magnet School, in collaboration with families and community, fosters joyful, lifelong learners who are prepared through enriched inquiry-based learning opportunities to become leaders who create tomorrow’s innovative solutions.
School’s Vision/Belief Statement:
- Excellence in ACadeMicS
- All children are curious learners.
- All children can achieve success.
- All children can be leaders.
- Families possess the primary responsibility in their children’s education.
- Families provide unconditional love, security, and commitment to our children.
- Families will guide their children toward appreciation, respect and success of the entire community
- Aspen Community Magnet School
- Aspen will build learning environments that are safe and nurturing.
- Aspen will provide for diversity in learning styles and multicultural awareness.
- Aspen educates and empowers youth to create a just and sustainable world
- The greater community will nurture independent, caring, and responsible lifelong learners in a healthy, secure, and enjoyable learning environment.
Our School’s Operations and Functions:
Aspen is a magnet school that offers Science based hands on inquiry curriculum in physical and earth science through the use of science kits. Literacy is supported through science. Aspen has an on-site literacy coach to offer professional development and mentoring in the area of science and literacy.
Why Our School is Unique:
Aspen offers Science based inquiry as our magnet focus. We are also have partnered with United Way in creating a community school through partnerships. Services in the future will not only be offered to students but to adults and the community at large.