Having trouble with the Artspan-SWAIA marketplace? We want the experience of connecting artists with art collectors, buyers, and aficionados of Native art to be delightful. Artspan offers support from 9am-7pm EST Monday-Friday by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
This year SWAIA is getting early access to the alpha release of the Vircadia virtual reality experience, so a few speed bumps can occur. For technical issues specifically with NDN World itself, the Vircadia support team is available by email at Vircadia.Support@
You’ve probably heard about NDN World (the virtual reality 3D experience provided by Vircadia). There’s a lot happening in-world, including exhibits, shows, and meetups.
You can access (online) the following downloads and guides:
- Mac OS software install guide (and here’s a video)
- Windows 10 software install guide (and here’s a video)
- Guide to moving around in-world (in virtual reality with your desktop computer)
- Other documentation and common questions are answered at docs.vircadia.dev
- Drag the Vircadia folder to the trash.
- Or right-click on the Vircadia folder, then select “Move to Trash” from the pop-up menu.
- On a trackpad, the equivalent of right-click is to use two fingers to click the trackpad while the pointer is over the Vircadia folder.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
- Scroll down the list of Apps.
- Click Vircadia, then click Uninstall.
Vircadia is a 3D virtual platform which requires computer processing comparable to that of video games. Here are system requirements.
Windows 10, 64-bit
MacOS High Sierra (10.13) or newer
Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit or any other modern Linux distribution
How old is your computer?
Early trials have shown, most people with a laptop or desktop computer (Windows or Mac) purchased in the last 3-4 years, can run Vircadia software smoothly. Computers older than 3-4 years may be able to run it, but movement in NDN World may not be smooth and sound may not be clear. The best way to determine if your computer can run it is to simply install and try it.
Graphics Processor recommended (but not required)
A gaming computer (Windows 10 PC) with a separate graphics processor is recommended, but not required.
Many Apple Computer models also have a separate graphics processor: MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac Pro. If you have a MacBook Air it may work but performance could be slower.
- download speed
- upload speed